Saturday, February 19, 2011

Boy stuff




There is nothing I love more than this skinned knee and leg full of bruises. It is a perfect summary of my little boy. He is ALL boy (except of course when he is pretending to apply makeup or shave his legs!) His newest obsession is DIRT!!! He finds it everywhere! Even when the ground was covered in inches of snow, he searched out a nice little patch of dirt and ripped his gloves off to dig in. He finds it between the cracks in the sidewalk. I love my dirty little boy so much. I also love nothing more than snuggling with him after his bath when he smells like lavender and has his soft jammies on. The mornings are our snuggle times too. Although David thinks that my mornings are spent reading blogs and drinking coffee, Zach and I know that mornings mean so much more than that. Mornings are our times to snuggle up on the couch under our soft blanket and give each one billion kisses and tickles. Mornings are our times to relax and just be with each other. Zach finds fun things to do by himself and it makes me happy to see him entertaining himself. What a great skill to have!





It's not every morning that we get to lounge around and take it slow. Two or three days a week we get up, get dressed, and get to work on time (except for the day last week that we were an hour late - oopsie!) And once a week we usually go to Walmart by 9am at the latest to beat the crowds. So, when you think about it, we really only have about 3 days a week or less to snuggle and be lazy! We embrace those days. I'm working from 12-5 today and Zach and David are going to have a fun daddy day! That means I get the morning shift. So... Off to play with my rowdy boy! Have a great weekend!

1 comment: