Sunday, November 7, 2010

Not So Great and Great

I used to love the time change in the fall when you gain an extra hour. You can stay up later and wake up at your usual time still feeling rested. Buuuut, when you have a baby, things are entirely different! Zach woke up around 3:40am and David got up with him (so sweet!). The only problem was that I was wide awake and couldn't go back to sleep. After an hour, David brought Zach into our room and put him in bed with me. Zach was so sweet - just laid his little head down on me and fell asleep. Of course as sweet as it was I couldn't ever fall back asleep because I was worried he might fall off the bed and he's been sick so he kept coughing. At 5:30 he was ready to go!



Ah, I would sacrifice all my sleep to see this sweet face!

This afternoon we decided to take him to the Dallas Zoo. The weather was perfect and it wasn't crowded at all. We has such a great time. Zach's favorite thing (and ours) were the giraffes! They come right up to the fence and you can feed them. So cool! There were some elementary school age kids trying to feed them but they would pull their hands away at the last minute because man they have long tongues! However, Zach was fearless. He stuck his entire hand inside the giraffe's mouth and pulled it out along with a long strand of slobber. Disgusting. But he couldn't have been happier about it and when we tried to leave he ran back to them as fast as he could. So cute!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment