Tuesday, May 10, 2011

easiest meal ever

I'm linking up with Casey for a recipe exchange - something I could really make use of but probably won't because I'm lazy in the kitchen ha! But, lots of people like getting new recipes and making them so I'm here to offer up a meal that has been approved by all age groups - from Zach to my grandma, this is a winner!

Here's what you'll need:

Pasta (any kind, I like bowtie)
Pesto packet
Rotisserie chicken
Parmesan cheese shredded
Extras: spinach, sun dried tomatoes, grape tomatoes, bell peppers... Whatever you like!

Boil your water. While you wait on that, cut up your chicken (I just shred it into bite size pieces). Set aside. Cook your pasta. While you wait on that, make your pesto. Mix pasta, pesto, and chicken (and whatever else you want) together. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Serve and enjoy! This is really good leftover too!

I don't think I have a picture of the pasta dish but because I just can't do a blog post without a picture, here is Zach eating his dinner (just imagine he's eating chicken pesto pasta!)


1 comment: